Since the beginning of COVID-19 outbreak, online misogyny and hate speech directed at women has intensified. Cyberbullying, harassment and related issues are threats to silence girls’ and women’s voices as well as lessen their engagement in online spaces. There is recent trend of extremist groups targeting women exclusively to become self-radicalized with targeted online content. Moreover, extremist groups promote gender stereotypes and violent notions of masculinity and recruit men and women for their activities, using mostly women to convey these messages.
However, correct knowledge and information makes women frontliners for prevention efforts of violent extremism, including shaping community and family values, promoting counter narratives, identifying and intervening at early signs of radicalization. UNSCR 1325 on Women Peace and Security agenda also acknowledges women’s active role as promoter and negotiators of peace, especially during a crisis such as a global pandemic.
In this backdrop, the Centre for Peace and Justice, BRAC University and UN Women Bangladesh invite video submissions on Empowered Women, Peaceful Communities – WOMEN AS CATALYSTS OF PEACE, SECURITY AND PROSPERITY OFF-AND-ONLINE.
The purpose of this contest is to highlight the online and offline safety and security concerns for women including their resilience in promoting peace and social cohesion. Any short video (max 7 minutes – Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation, Puppet Film, Stop Motion, Short Film, Musical Drama) captured by digital camera, including mobile camera can be submitted.
The top 3 videos will be selected through a competitive process by a judge panel based on innovative idea, quality of the video, alignment with contest theme and submission criteria. The finally selected videos will be published on CPJ and UN Women website and social media (Facebook and YouTube).
– The first winner of the contest will be awarded with BDT30,000 or equivalent gift items; the 2nd winner- BDT20,000 or equivalent gift items; and the 3rd winner; BDT 10,000 or equivalent gift items though a separate bilateral agreement.
– The top 3 selected videos will be also awarded with crests and certificates endorsed by UN Women and CPJ BRACU;
Submission Deadline: 25th February 2022
The interested participants are requested to send their video submissions at email@example.com following these instructions:
– Email subject line: please mention in the subject line- Submission for CPJ Video Contest-2022
– Email body: please mention the following information:
– Summary of the video
– Full Name (as per certificate)/Group Name (Also add all group member name)
– Institution Address (if any)
– Cell No
– Contact Address
Example – 1: XYZ_01555555555_x Institution_ Video Title_Device
*** There is no remuneration for any submission.
Terms & Conditions:
– Submission is open and voluntary for all Bangladeshi citizens;
– Both individuals and teams (max. 3 members per team) can submit their videos.
– Each participant can submit a maximum of 2 (two) videos;
– Every submitted work must be original and copyright free for any non-commercial usage;;
– Any kind of watermark or border is not allowed;
– The organizers reserve right to accept or reject any submission.
For any further details please email to firstname.lastname@example.org