Vacancy Announcement: Communications Specialist
Centre for Peace and Justice (CPJ) is a multi-disciplinary academic institute of Brac University, which promotes global peace and social justice through quality education, research, training and advocacy. CPJ is committed to identifying and promoting sustainable and inclusive solutions to a wide range of global concerns and issues, including fragility, conflict and violence.
Position Title: Communications Specialist
No of Position: 01
Type of Appointment: Contractual
Work station: Dhaka
CPJ is looking for an experienced and self-managed Communications Specialist to manage communications and documentation-related activities of different research and projects of the Centre.
Scope of Work:
- Develop and implement long-term communications strategies;
- Develop and produce content to engage and educate audiences across various channels, including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, social media;
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of CPJ’s website;
- Organise online events, perform outreach and circulation, create social sharing toolkits and communications;
- Help manage events, trainings, seminars, webinars, workshops, campaign rollouts, including developing invitations, and managing of invitation lists;
- Build and maintain partnerships with assigned stakeholders to better develop, coordinate and facilitate strategic communications;
- Contribute ideas for new programmes and research, and provide recommendations for innovative communications technique(s);
- Accompany delegation visits and provide support, briefings, and commentaries;
- Identify relevant stories and create audio, video and print documentaries;
- Direct in-house and external graphic designers, photographers, and other media-production;
- Pitch television, radio, print, and online media and secure stories for further communications;
- Assist in preparations of interviews, KIIs and FGDs, and participate in consultations for research purposes;
- Draft briefing notes, talking points, minutes and other papers for high level meetings and visits; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of best practices for writing and publication;
- Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage time, submit deliverables and meet deadlines; and
- Software skills desired: expert in navigating the internet, social media, online meeting platforms, graphics design, video editing; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Publisher.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-graduation degree in journalism, strategic communications, or equivalent;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in communications;
- Experience with online media and tools;
- Experience of working in a high-volume and fast-paced environment; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems.
Deadline of Application Submission: CV along with a motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 3rd of November 2021 mentioning the name of the position in the subject line.
Download Advertisement: Advertisement Vacancy Announcement- Communications Specialist
- CPJ is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.