Vacancy Announcement for Research Associate
Publish Date: 8:09 PM
Centre for Peace and Justice (CPJ) is a multi-disciplinary academic institute of BRAC University, which promotes global peace and social justice through quality education, research, training and advocacy. CPJ has been involved in multi-disciplinary research in its three thematic areas: peace and fragility, social justice, and open society in collaboration with academic institutions and development agencies. CPJ’s research employs both quantitative and qualitative research methods with special focus on the youth, gender and population living in the margin and fragile situation. The ultimate aim of CPJ’s work is to strengthen evidence-based policy advocacy and to create a bridge between academics and practice.
CPJ is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Research Associate to work closely with the multi-disciplinary research team and the senior management of CPJ according to the below Terms of Reference.
Position Title: Research Associate
Reporting Line: Director, Academic and Legal Empowerment
Duration: 1 year (with probable extension)
Type of Appointment: Contractual
Starting Date: February 2022
Work Station: Dhaka
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Assist in designing and implementing empirical research undertaken by CPJ
- Assist in designing and carry forward the qualitative research undertaken by CPJ
- Assist in documenting and showcasing CPJ’s research and programme in relevant forums
- Contribute in academic activities and publication
- Contribute in the dissemination of research findings
- Contribute in evidence-based policy advocacy
- Assist in writing concept notes, proposals and in fundraising activities
- Traveling in and outside Dhaka related to the implementation of CPJ’s activities, if required
- Any other assignments or duties related to CPJ’s research.
- Ability to conceptualise research aims, scope, methodology and analysis
- Strong command over writing, presentation, and oral communication in English
- Demonstrated ability/track record to work well in a team environment
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and the ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time, deliverables and meet deadlines and
- Software skills desired: expert in navigating the internet, social media, online meeting platforms, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-graduation degree in social science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in development research
- Adequate knowledge of data visualisation and
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with tight deadlines
Deadline of Application Submission: CV along with a motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By 26 December 2021 mentioning the name of the position in the subject line.
- CPJ is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called for interview