Vacancy Announcement for Student Learning and Support Officer
Centre for Peace and Justice (CPJ) is a multi-disciplinary academic institute, which intends to promote global peace and social justice through quality education, research, training and advocacy. CPJ is committed to identifying and promoting sustainable and inclusive solutions to a wide range of global concerns and issues, including fragility, conflict and violence. The institute has multiple interventions in Cox’s Bazar under its Refugee Studies Unit (RSU). We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Student Learning and Support Officer for Increase Access to Higher Education for Rohingya Refugee and Host in Cox’s Bazar (Supported by OSUN) according to the below Terms of Reference.
This position is mainly responsible for supporting the learners and identify diverse learning needs. This role also requires providing learners with the proper environment and resources to develop their skills.
- Ensure day-to-day implementation of the project activities;
- Recruit the learners based on the academic aptitude.
- Support the learners with test preparation, application preparation, digital literacy support, and scholarship counseling.
- Carry out desk research, context analysis and other project related researches.
- Support in designing the courses and module development.
- Ensure logistics, financial and administrative support for smooth implementation of the course work;
- Support the Academic Manager and the Admin, Finance and HR Officer of the project;
- Support the learners for their day-to-day planning and implementation of activities;
- Draft monthly and weekly activity plan and update the progress;
- Ensure reporting and documentation of the project activities and maintain the beneficiary database;
- Ensure PSEA awareness in the community and related grievance mechanism as per the office policies;
- Collect and compile the reports, photos and case stories of the project activities;
- Support the monitoring, evaluation and learnings plan of the project;
- Liaison with the CiC, Upazila Administration and community institutes;
- Develop cohesive networks and working collaborations with the project partners, different stakeholders, agencies and authorities; and
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Project Lead.
- Advanced university degree in Education/Development Studies/English or any other related discipline;
- At least 2 years working experience in similar field;
- Excellent Command over written and oral English and Bangla;
- Excellent IT skills is a requirement;
- Must be proficient in education technology and tools;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Must be pro-active and insightful;
Deadline of Application Submission: CV along with a motivation letter should be sent to email@example.com
By 17th October 2022 mentioning the name of the position in the subject line;
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called for interview
- CPJ is an equal opportunity employer and maintains ‘zero tolerance’ regarding sexual harassment
Click here to download the advertisement- Download